LIVE LIKE ROO
Welcome to the official website of the 2018 Village Green – CHLOE’S TAKE YOUR DOG TO WORK DAY, a Pet Sitters International’s event.
Take Your Dog To Work Day Quick Facts:
- Pet Sitters International (PSI) created Take Your Dog To Work Day (TYDTWDay) in 1999.
- PSI created the day to celebrate the great companions dogs make and encourage their adoptions from local shelters, rescue groups and humane societies.
- TYDTWDay encourages employers to experience the joy of pets in the workplace on this special day and support their local pet community.
- It is an annual event and is always celebrated on the Friday following Father’s Day.
- For cat lovers and others who cannot participate on TYDTWDay, the entire week leading up to the day is Take Your Pet To Work Week.
TAKE YOUR DOG TO WORK DAY CELEBRATES DOGS AND PROMOTES THEIR ADOPTION
Take Your Dog To Work Day is Friday, June 22, 2018
“The 2018 event will take place on Friday, June 22nd. On this day, thousands of pet owners will work with their dogs to celebrate the 20th annual TYDTWDay. Businesses, animal shelters and pet-care professionals from around the world will work together to better the lives of shelter dogs everywhere. Thousands of businesses will open their doors to employees’ furry, four-legged friends on this day in celebration of the great companions dogs make and to promote pet adoption.”
This annual event, now in its 20th year, brings people and pets together in a special way on a special day. Dogs go to work. Hearts are touched. And as a result, homeless dogs will be adopted. “PSI’s Take Your Dog To Work Day is the day for dogs.”(http://www.takeyourdog.com/)
Village Green has participated in this dog-gone fun event for the past 18 years. In 2016, Village Green employee’s and other auction participants raised over $12,500 and in 2017, we raised over $16,250. This year we plan to exceed that amount with your help and our personal goal is to raise over $16,500. A minimum donation of $30 is required from Village Green employees, at our Corporate Office, Regional Offices and Property level if they wish to bring their Best Friend with them to work on that day. Items donated by our various sponsors will be used in our Online Auction (OPEN TO THE PUBLIC). All of the proceeds raised from all of our regions – Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Detroit, Minnesota and St. Louis – will benefit the Live Like Roo Foundation.
- Check out our Dog Day Agenda so you will know when to watch the LIVE feed of the Dogs having fun.
- Check out the items in the Online Auction ~ YOU can bid on any of these items as the auction is open to the public.
- Summer Games Contests – Agility – Top Seeker – Best Trick.
- Dog Day Pictures
- Ice Cream Break for the Dogs
Village Green Community on-site Employees can participate and bring their dogs to work with them and join in on the fun by showing off their Best Friend.
This event is made possible by the many generous donations from local businesses and others. Please take some time to review our list of sponsors and consider them in the future.
Your Take Your Dog To Work Day Coordinator,
- Christine Eluskie